Student Car Insurance Discounts
Age is one of the factors that car insurance companies often use to determine your auto insurance premiums. Statistically, younger people get into more car accidents than older drivers, and therefore, young drivers often pay a higher car insurance rate than do older individuals who are viewed as lower-risk by the insurance company. In these hard economic times, young people are facing an increasingly tough job market as students try to deal with student loan payments resulting from the high cost of education. Finding quality, affordable car insurance for students can be a difficult task.
Strong Students Can Save Big
Fortunately, many car insurance companies offer discounts to high-performing students. Insurance companies view good students as low-risk and responsible, since they tend to get into fewer auto accidents than do many other drivers. If an insurance company offers this discount, the company will use specific criteria to determine who qualifies as a good student. These criteria might include:
- Full-time college or university students who hold at least a B grade average.
- Full-time high school students or students enrolled in certificate degree programs who maintain a B grade average.
- Any student at an accredited institution who holds at least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Students academically ranked in the top 20% of their class.
- Students included in the honor roll, the dean’s list, or another group that recognizes outstanding academic achievement.
Students, Give Us A Call!
To learn more about student discounts and your car insurance options in the Chicagoland area, contact the Chicago car insurance agents of Insure on the Spot at 773-202-5060.