Recent government campaigns have highlighted the importance of seat-belt safety for drivers and passengers alike. Awareness campaigns illustrate how seat-belts can help prevent serious injuries and death in the event of an accident. In addition to advertisements and public-service announcements, law-enforcement officials have made it a point to issue traffic citations to individuals who do not follow safety rules while driving or riding in a vehicle.
By following recommended safety tips and wearing your seat-belt correctly, drivers and passengers alike can make sure to protect themselves in the event of a collision or other type of accident. An added bonus for drivers is that consistent use of seat-belts can help keep your driving record free from traffic tickets that may increase the cost of insuring your vehicle. If you are looking for affordable, no-hassle auto insurance, contact the Chicago insurance professionals of Insure on the Spot at 773-202-5060.
Seatbelt Safety Tips
When operating a vehicle, you should:
- Make sure to put on your seat-belt each and every time you drive
- Engage the seat-belt before starting to drive, since accidents can occur when pulling out of garages, parking lots, and other areas
- Make sure that all passengers also use seatbelts at all times
- Help children buckle-themselves in before you enter the vehicle
- Babies and very small children should be secured in child-safety seats
- Routinely check seat-belts and seat-belt clips for wear and tear and replace any that have been damaged
For a free, no obligation, no-hassle insurance quote for your car, truck, or motorcycle, contact the Chicago auto insurance agents of Insure on the Spot at 773-202-5060 today.