Personal Watercraft Insurance
Personal watercrafts (also called PWCs) are known by a variety of different brand names but are all very similar vehicles. Just as with any other personal vehicle, it is important to have insurance in order to cover the cost of injuries and property damage in the event of an accident. By purchasing personal watercraft insurance, you can protect yourself in the event of an accident, vandalism, or other liability situations.
How PWC Insurance Can Help
In the event of any accident, the most important concern is the safety and well-being of anyone involved. The most important factor of any insurance policy is the extent of medical coverage to pay for the cost of injuries in a personal watercraft accident. In addition, a PWC insurance policy should insure you against other common losses, regardless of whether you or another person was operating the vehicle.
A personal watercraft policy commonly covers damages such as:
- Damages to the machinery and equipment of your PWC
- Damage to another watercraft or a dock
- Your own injuries caused by another watercraft operator who is not insured
- Injury or death to another person when you are at fault
- Another driver’s negligence while operating your personal watercraft
- Injuries of wake boarders or water skiers who become injured while being towed behind your PWC
- Towing assistance in case you break down out on the water
What you need in your insurance policy will differ depending on the type of watercraft you own.
For more information about personal watercraft insurance or other types of motor vehicle insurance in Chicago and the surrounding areas, contact the Chicago auto insurance agents of Insure on the Spot at 773-202-5060 to discuss your insurance options.