Parking Lot Safety
Most people understand the dangers of high-speed collisions and have seen the serious consequences of high-speed accidents. What many people do not consider is the frequency of accidents that occur in parking lots and other areas that feature relatively low-speeds. Although parking lots may seem safe, serious injuries and property damage can occur in the event of a collision.
It is important to understand that parking lots can be just as dangerous as highways and streets, so drivers and pedestrians should exercise caution at all times. By practicing safe driving techniques, keeping your driving record clean, and taking advantage of good-driver discounts, you may find it easier to find affordable insurance coverage for your vehicles. If you are looking to insure a vehicle in the Chicago area, contact the insurance agents of Insure on the Spot at 773-202-5060.
When operating your vehicle in a parking lot, it is important to:
- Reduce your speed
- Obey directional signs
- Watch for pedestrians at all times
- Before backing out of a spot, watch for other vehicles and pedestrians behind your car
- Be sure to park in a well-lit space to protect your car from theft
- Do not leave valuables in the vehicle while parked
- Lock your vehicle at all times and consider installing extra safety features to protect your car
For a free Chicago auto insurance quote for your car, truck, or motorcycle in the Chicagoland area, contact the Chicago insurance agents of Insure on the Spot at 773-202-5060 today.