Chicago SR22 Insurance All You Need to Know
Chicago SR22 Insurance – All You Need to Know!
Finding out you need SR22 insurance can be overwhelming, especially if you don’t have the knowledge of what this will mean for you as a driver. Insure on the Spot is here to help you understand exactly what SR22 insurance is and how to acquire your SR22 certificate.
What is SR22 Insurance and Do I Need It?
SR22 insurance coverage is also referred to as a “certificate of financial responsibility.” An SR22 is proof that you have coverage that meets state requirements. The SR22 will be sent by your insurance provider to the state to prove you are covered to drive.
There are several reasons why you might need an SR22, including:
- If you’ve received a DUI or DWI conviction.
- If you were stopped for driving without insurance, or were in an accident without insurance.
- If your license was suspended or revoked.
- If you have been convicted of a traffic violation.
But don’t worry – if you do need SR22 insurance, you will be made aware. You will either receive notice from your Secretary of State or be notified when the judge provides his or her ruling, should your SR22 be ordered by a court.
SR22 Insurance in Illinois
A few facts about Chicagoland SR22 insurance and the rest of the state:
- You can receive SR22 insurance without a vehicle. In fact, an SR22-only policy is referred to as non-owner SR22 insurance and is a solution if you need to get your driver’s license reinstated. It will cover you for an entire year.
- SR22 insurance meets the State of Illinois’ minimum liability coverage and when you file with Insure on the Spot, your policy is filed electronically.
- Illinois limits include the following:
- Bodily injury: $25,000 per person / $50,000 per occurrence
- Uninsured motorist: $25,000 per person /$50,000 each occurrence
- Property damage: $20,000
- Your SR22 policy provides you with coverage and the State of Illinois requires a minimum of three years for filing. By keeping your policy active, you will avoid lapsed or canceled coverage that requires your insurance company to notify the Secretary of State.
How Much is SR22 Insurance?
The cost of your SR22 will depend on your insurance provider, so it’s important you go through a team you trust to give you the best possible rates. Also, make sure the provider you choose is knowledgeable on SR22s so you can feel confident asking any questions in relation to this.
Your logical next step is to search for “the cheapest SR22 insurance near me.” With Insure on the Spot, you receive your SR22 coverage at a value with free quotes in only two minutes. You are also in luck as this option is the cheapest we offer, with payments as low as $25/mo.
Will I Need an SR22 Forever?
No, you will not need an SR22 forever – most drivers who are required to get SR22s will need them for three years. Some drivers with DUI convictions will need them for five years. The amount of time that an SR22 is required is specific to each case, so ensure you clarify with the Secretary of State as to how long you will need it if you are unsure.
How to Get SR22 Insurance
Remove the hassle from traditional filing and receive your FREE SR22 quote in as little as two minutes from Insure on the Spot!
If you have any questions on Chicago SR22 insurance or would like to discuss your personal case with one of our trusted agents, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us! We would be happy to discuss your situation and help you get back on the road with the SR22 you need. Contact us today or call (773) 202-5060.