How Can I Get Car Insurance With A Bad Driving Record?
If you have a bad driving record, you may still be able to get car insurance; it’s called SR-22 insurance.
Many drivers with bad records are concerned as to how they will continue to get auto insurance and use the vehicle they rely on every day for work, travel and leisure, causing a huge amount of stress and potentially impacting employment and relationships. If you’re in this position, don’t panic. SR-22 insurance can often be obtained by drivers in this position, and we’re here to tell you a little more about it.
SR-22 insurance: the basics
SR-22 insurance is a type of auto insurance especially designed for those who have been charged with certain traffic offences. SR-22 is also known as financial responsibility filing. In the state of Illinois, an SR-22 is required for those that qualify for it for a minimum of 3 years.
There are a variety of reasons why you might find yourself in need of SR-22 insurance:
- If you were involved in an accident and had no proof of insurance
- If you were found to be driving uninsured
- If you have DUI (driving under the influence) or DWI (driving while intoxicated / impaired) convictions
- If you’ve been charged with driving recklessly
- If you’ve had your driver’s license revoked or suspended
Often, drivers that are in need of SR-22 insurance will be notified through a court order, or by the state through other means, and insurance companies that cover SR-22 insurance, like Insure on the Spot, will file it electronically for you. We even offer non-owner SR-22.
An affordable SR-22 insurance carrier
Many drivers in need of SR-22 insurance will find that their current insurance carrier can no longer support them, and they’ll have to start the hunt for a new carrier. This can seem like a stressful process, as there are limited SR-22 insurance carriers out there, but we are here to help in this time of need! Insure on the Spot specializes in helping customers find affordable SR-22 insurance. Our friendly advisors can simply and efficiently provide you with an instant SR-22, enabling you to get back on the road.
With Insure on the Spot, you can get your SR-22 filed electronically in minutes, or you can call us and speak to one of our friendly advisors.
What to look for in an SR-22 insurance carrier
There are a few things to remember and look out for when choosing an SR-22 insurance carrier. Here’s a few thoughts to consider before you make your decision:
- If you’re in need of an SR-22, chances are your rates might be higher than if you were paying regular insurance. Make sure you choose a carrier known for affordability, such as Insure on the Spot.
- Look for a carrier that is familiar with the SR-22 process, so you can be confident everything will be taken care of correctly and efficiently; we specialize in this process and are proud to bring our customers the peace of mind they need at this time.