Auto Insurance Tips for Seniors
Most insurance companies set their rates based on a variety of factors, including both your driving record and your age. Statistically, seniors are safer drivers than younger people. Seniors tend to drive more slowly with added caution, and also have years of driving experience under their belts. For these reasons and others, seniors may be entitled to large discounts on car insurance.
Tips for seniors to save on car insurance:
- Ask for discounts. Some companies will begin to offer discounts for drivers once they reach their early 50s. In addition, some insurance companies have agreements with certain seniors’ organizations and provide discounts to members, with some discounts as high as 50 percent.
- Drive safely. The combination of your age combined with a clean driving record can translate into considerable discounts.
- Keep a low mileage. Insurance companies often base rates on miles traveled. If you do not use your car often, you can save on car insurance since you are less prone to accidents. Driving less than 10 thousand miles per year usually means deep discounts from your insurance provider.
- Purchase a low profile vehicle. Flashy, highly-valuable vehicles cost more to insure. By purchasing a budget model, you can save on your insurance premiums.
- Take a refresher driving course. Insurance companies may offer reduced discounts to those who have recently enrolled in safe driving courses.
Be sure to ask your insurance company about any discounts for which you qualify, no matter what your age.
To learn more about your low-cost insurance options, contact the Chicago insurance agents of Insure on the Spot at 773-202-5060 today.